>>ONCOLOGY ESTHETICS TRAINING FAQ

ONCOLOGY ESTHETICS TRAINING FAQ

How does Oncology Esthetics differ from regular esthetics?

Cancer treatments can present side effects on the body, particularly with the skin and hair.  As well as the physical impact, there is often a deep emotional and psychological impact on the survivor when their outer look changes.  Understanding the changes, and which treatments work best under these unique circumstances can lead to dramatically improved outcomes, both physical and psychological for the survivor.

Is Oncology Esthetics for me?

If you are a manicurist, massage therapist, skin care specialist, a spa director, or other wellness practitioner, you can more fully understand the skin care and esthetic needs of clients. This also helps to address the challenges in treating them, and set yourself and the survivor up for the best end results.    As a treatment specialist, working with cancer survivors can be more emotionally challenging, but also more rewarding.  Many of those who have taken our courses appreciate the sense of empowerment it gives them in treating these survivors.

Why Do Oncology Esthetics?

Unfortunately, about half of one percent of the population in industrialized countries will be diagnosed with cancer every year (about 1.6 million in the USA and almost 200,000 people in Canada).  Undergoing cancer treatments that will impact their skin, hair and nails.  The impacts of their treatment can impact their skin and hair for years.

However, the main goal of being trained in Oncology Esthetics is to ensure your practice can be inclusive of cancer survivors, and better understand their unique psychological and physical needs.  It will enable you to impact the lives of cancer survivors with compassion and healing.

What qualifications are needed to be prepared for your courses?

You need to be working in an area of specialty in the esthetic/spa world.

Can I take one of your foundation training courses based in a country other than my own?

Yes, just be aware some countries speak in their native tongue, and statistics, risk factors and content is pertinent to that specific country.

What do the courses cost?

Our Foundation online training courses cost $699, and our Foundation in person training courses cost $899 each.

How do I keep up to date on new information in the field of Oncology Esthetics?

We recommend you become a member of the International Society for Oncology Esthetics (ISFOE).  You will then have access to education opportunities from a variety of industry experts.  As an OTI graduate, you qualify for membership.

By | 2017-11-10T06:26:07+00:00 April 28th, 2016|Morag's desk|15 Comments

15 Comments

1. Linda Browne May 12, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Hi ,
    I am enquiring about your online oncology esthetician course.
    I have a Nursing background and hold a current practising certificate.
    I have worked in Palliative care in a nursing capacity , Beauty Therapy Diploma and Oncology Massage Cert from OM Australia.
    I have for the past 5 yrs have worked as an Oncology Esthetician in a holistic therapy setting in a hospice.
    I would how ever like to increase my knowledge and have certification

Kind regards
    Linda Browne

• Morag June 19, 2016 at 10:24 am

Hello Linda
      Thank you for your inquiry – we love meeting people like you who have a background in Oncology Esthetics and more….our next online training is July 12-15; 18-21, 2016. Following that we have one as well in August 2-5; 8-11, 2016.
      Would either of these dates work?
      Where exactly are you located in Australia?
      Regards
      Morag

2. Kimberly Roberts May 23, 2016 at 1:04 pm

Can I get this training in the United States?

• Morag June 19, 2016 at 10:25 am

Hello Kimberley
      Yes, you can get the OEFT in the US – where are you located? Or, are you willing to travel?
      Regards
      Morag

3. Lyn June 5, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Hello,
    I am interested in your Oncology Esthetics online training.
    I am a qualified beautician and have owned a beauty/wellness salon in the past. Currently I am employed by the local hospital. working in Oncology in a support role. I plan to open a business with my daughter at the end of the year and want to work with Oncology patients on their journey by offering advice and treatments in a supportive, caring environment.
    Can you please tell me if I the course can be completed fully online as I live in New Zealand.
    Lyn

• Morag June 19, 2016 at 10:26 am

Hello Lyn
      We have been conversing separately via email – please check your email as I have sent you a recent email about my schedule in October.
      Sincerely
      Morag

4. Irma Perez June 15, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I’m a cancer survivor of 5 years, I’m a Licensed Esthetician and I’m interested in taking your program. Contact me at
    402-469-7725.
    Thank you!

• Morag June 19, 2016 at 10:27 am

Hello – would love to talk to you about our Oncology Esthetics Foundation Training, however we are travelling at present. Would a skype call work for you? Regards, Morag

• Morag July 14, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Hi Irma – thanks for taking our call. You may call us back at 1 306 771-2307 at your convenience.

5. Dana June 25, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I am very interested in your Oncology training – would love to attend on of the classroom trainings. Was wondering if you have any scheduled in the United States in the fall of 2016? I am a licensed esthetician and would love to learn more about helping and treating the men and women battling this awful disease and well as though that have survived the treatments.

thank you!

Dana

• Morag July 14, 2016 at 1:31 pm

Hi Dana – thank you for your interest in our Oncology Esthetics Foundation Training. Yes, we have trainings year round – where exactly are you situated? Please email us on info@oncologyesthetics.com

• Morag August 1, 2016 at 6:54 am

Good morning Dana – we have sent an email to you in response to your inquiry – please check your inbox.

6. Colleen June 26, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Hi Morag. I am currently an esthetics student set to graduate in December. I am also a 12 year survivor of breast cancer, and my first career was in nursing. I plan to use safe products on all my clients. I was just given this information & I am interested. But my courses now are evening ones. I see your training is also. Do you offer any during the day at all? And are there any discounts offered to students at all? Thank you.

• Morag July 14, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Hi Colleen – great to see you are currently studying esthetics! Wow, interesting history – Oncology Esthetics would be perfect for you then due to all your experience. If you are referring to online, yes, we do daytime as well – soon it will also be on demand, so it can be done at your convenience. Let’s talk via phone regarding student discount – please email me your phone number and I’ll call you. Our email: info@oncologyesthetics.com

• Morag August 1, 2016 at 6:55 am

Good morning Colleen – please check your inbox – we have responded to your inquiry via email.

Comments are closed.

UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS

1. ONCOLOGY AESTHETICS FOUNDATION TRAINING (OAFT) + APPEARANCE RECOVERY : SYDNEY, NSW

January 19, 2018 @ 8:00 am - January 20, 2018 @ 5:00 pm