Unique Offering: Get certified in Oncology Esthetics (OE) PLUS get a full day of remedial-medical camouflage makeup training!
Status: Blended (online and in-class).
Educator: Online* – Morag Currin; In-class Dr. Erin Madigan-Fleck
The fastest growing course format for technical skills. This training offers time saving and flexibility plus this is advanced with more content than any other training. With this knowledge, plus skills and materials to add to your portfolio when marketing yourself.
Theory: 30 hours online* PLUS two days of practicum.
- Day one focuses on mental wellness, and safe modifications for esthetic services on people with cancer. Supplies and workbook provided.
- Day two focuses on remedial-medical camouflage makeup. Supplies and manual provided.
For a full two day remedial-medical camouflage makeup arts certification: http://www.intellectiveaesthetics.com/adjunct-training.html
Training Location: Zapiens Salon 3209 Paces Ferry Place, Atlanta, GA 30305
Class Minimums: May apply depending on location.
Oncology Training International (OTI), Inc., and its licensees are not responsible for travel or related costs under any circumstances. Students may want to consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance. Training fee is based on the currency where student resides.
*Students can participate in:
- LIVE online sessions (3 hours/day for 8 days – scheduled dates), or
- ON DEMAND online sessions (fit into your schedule in your own time)
Outline for Remedial & Medical Camouflage
Remedial & Medical camouflage makeup plays an important role in the recovery for patients who have undergone plastic & reconstructive surgery, facial disfigurements or skin discolorations. This theory, demonstration and hands –on class prepares the esthetic professional to offer this valuable service either in the spa or clinical setting:
- History and Evolution of Skin Camouflage
- Patient Selection and Criteria
- Consultation -Patient Care & Psychology of Care
- Physiology of Skin Disease in Skin Camouflage
- Etiology of Wound Healing and Bruising
- Assessing the Altered Image (Injury or Disfiguration)
- Sterile Technique / Work Area & Sanitation
- Documentation and Charting
- Scope of Practice
- Physiology of Camouflage Products
- Supplies, Kits & Tools- Work Area
- Color Theory, Color Matching and Blending
- Camouflage Techniques in Application
- Facial Disfigurements, Discolorations
- Covering Scars, Tattoos
- Special Integrative Techniques
- Overview of Micro- Pigmentation / Medical Tattooing
- Patient Instruction & Application Techniques
- Beauty Enhancement Application
- Marketing Your Services
- Demonstrations and Practice on Live Models
- Practical Skill Assessment will be required to award the REMEDIAL & MEDICAL CAMOUFLAGE
MAKEUP ARTS CERTIFICATE.
- Training Manual, USB with Photos of Your Work & Mini Camouflage Kit Included